What To Do?
THINGS TO DO AT THE FARM:
- Book a Wine Tasting with a White Pig packed lunch!
- Relax in the hot tub
- Get an onsite massage. (see our massage packages)
- Meet the Neighbors! Also on the property is The White Pig Animal Sanctuary. Book a Tour with your stay and meet the residents of the sanctuary up close and personal! A portion of every tour helps support the sanctuary and its residents. For more information about the sanctuary visit our website, or follow us on Facebook, and Instagram.
- Bird watch.
- Sit by the creek.
- Gaze at the stars: With no other homes around for well over a mile in all directions, the inn provides an ideal setting for star gazing with virtually no light pollution.
THINGS TO DO IN THE AREA:
- Charlottesville Vegetarian Festival.
- Charlottesville / Albemarle Tourism
- Nelson County Tourism
- Monticello, home of Thomas Jefferson (20 minutes drive)
- Ash Lawn, home of James Monroe (20 minute drive)
- Montpelier, home of James Madison (45 minute drive)
- Walton’s Mountain Museum (5 minute drive)
- Charlottesville’s Downtown Mall, featuring popular music and other entertainment at Friday’s After Five (30 minute drive)
- Canoeing and Kayaking on the James River, James River Runner (12 minute drive)
- Wintergreen’s Alpine skiing, tennis, golf, hiking and summer music festivals (25 minutes drive)
- Virginia’s Wineries such as Mountain Cove, Wintergreen, Hill Berry Farm & Winery, Afton Mountain Jefferson and many more. (some as close as 15 minute drive)
- Yogaville (25 minute drive)
- Historic Scottsville and Nellysford (under 15 minute drive)
- Blue Ridge Parkway and hiking at Jarman Gap (30 minute drive)
- Crabtree Falls, the longest waterfall east of the Mississippi River (40 minute drive)
- Bike & Swim at Walnut Creek Park Lake (12 minute drive)
- Hot Air Ballooning (25 minute drive)
- Charlottesville Ghosts and Murders Walking Tour. Go back in time to investigate a real 1904 murder involving the mayor & his wife.
- John Paul Jones Arena (large stadium events)
- Charlottesville Pavilion (Covered, outdoor mid size national acts venue)
- The Paramount (beautifully renovated theatre featuring national acts from country to comedy, dance troops to jazz ensembles)
- Jefferson Theatre (historic theatre on Downtown Mall featuring local, regional & national bands)
- Cabell Hall (University of Virginia venue, featuring everything from classical to speakers)
- The Southern Café & Music Hall (medium-sized music hall)
- Tea Bazaar (tea house setting featuring more experimental music)